Combines the benefits of vast surface area and intelligent design with a high-purity aragonite
component to keep Tridacnid clams and their allies cradled, facing aquarium lighting, and off
of the aquarium substrate.
• Open, porous “foamed aragonite” composition is readily and rapidly adhered to by bivalves.
• Simplifies placement of zooxanthellate clams, and enables relocation without undue risk of
damage to the tender foot or glands that cement the specimen into place.
• Enables unhindered growth small cultured specimens to reach large proportions in captivity.
• Average surface area of 500,000 ft2 per cubic foot (~1,900 m2 per L, ~150 ft2 per gram)
encourages colonization by beneficial nitrifying bacteria, resulting in rapid and efficient
conversion of ammonia into nitrite and nitrate and further enhancing the stability of nutrient
concentrations in reef systems.
• Rapidly encrusted with coralline algae, causing the hammock to blend seamlessly with
mature live rock in a matter of weeks under normal reef water and lighting conditions.
• Researched, designed, and made in the USA of US-sourced, high-quality ingredients.